Grants, manuscripts, and other scientific documents written in the clearest possible way are more likely to be successful and have an impact on your field. We proofread and critically edit scientific texts to ensure your message is clear and concise.
Proofreading includes correction of:
- Spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Accuracy of word choice
- Consistency in formatting
- Sentences that are difficult to understand
Critical editing includes proofreading plus improvements in:
- Clarity of logical flow and sentence structure
- Sentence and paragraph cohesion and coherence (one sentence flows to the next and paragraphs form units of ideas)
- Diversity in vocabulary, for non-native English speakers
- Tightening and streamlining the text to make it more concise
- Length reduction, if necessary (up to 10% of total length)
Editing is priced per word: contact us for a quote.